Monday 12 October 2009

Emmet Gowin




There are always artist that we look back at continually for inspiration, and ideas on how to approach our subject matter. In my free time I often search the internet and galleries for new artist to enjoy, but I always seem to fall back on those who inspired me when I first picked up a camera. Emmet Gowin is one of those artist I admire for his ideas and words on photography. Gowin photographs are wonderfully beautiful and touching, and if you ever have the time I suggest you pick up a book of his work or if your lucky see a show of it. "one of the really important things about art, that you can make more than you can understand at the moment the thing is being made. But the gap between what we recognize inside ourselves – our feelings- and our ability to trust ourselves and to trust exposing ourselves to those ideas, can be great." Emmet Gowin

No comments:

Post a Comment